Beyond Collapse –Janet Eaton’s Blog Beyond Collapse explores and exposes myths associated with Capitalism and corporate globalization that have led to the failures which are now visible for the entire world to see – as the global uprisings and the Occupy Movement are demonstrating. Financial collapse; ecosystem collapse; climate change; peak oil; degradation and contamination of our air, soils, and water; food crises; global poverty all signal the end of the economic growth model as we have known it since the days of Adam Smith. We are entering a period of profound instability that will require a broad lens and ‘evolutionary eyes’ to negotiate the personal to political and economic whole system shifts that will be required to avoid breakdown and achieve breakthrough to paraphrase the words of Chaos theorists. Systemic thinking, evolutionary systems thinking, understanding paradigm shifts, developing new assumptions, values, knowledge base and ways of doing things essential for whole system change, learning from history, new ways of communicating, and reframing will be necessary to grapple with the consequences of the massive failures cascading into public view. Finally the blog will bring to light alternative economic models currently being talked about, pursued and in some cases being put into practices e.g. Degrowth, and Transition Towns. Alternative economic models need to be discussed now so there are new policy ideas to ponder as the old ways collapse.
- Submission on the TPP to the Standing Committee on International Trade [Common Frontiers Canada, Author Janet M Eaton, PhD, Aug 26 2016]
- Power Point Presentation on “Corporate Globalization, Corporate Power, Free Trade, Mega Trade Agreements and the Negative Impacts of TPP” by Janet M Eaton, PhD
- Digby Neck Quarry Bilcon Case (NAFTA Ch 11): Tribunal Decision and Dissent
- Fracking Industry: Misinformation, Hype and the Financial Risks with Reference to Nova Scotia and the Wheeler Commission.
- Australia’s Rejection of Investor-State, from AUSFTA to the Gillard Government’s Trade Policy and the implications for Canada.
janetmeaton10 on Fracking Industry: Misinformat… Patrick Moriarty on Fracking Industry: Misinformat… eden.sb on What is Degrowth ? By Janet M… http://www.chaisutta… on The Harper Budget: Assault on… Lyle on Iceland CBC Interview with Pre…
- Beyond Collapse
- beyondcollapse – janet eaton's blog
- Collapse & Beyond Collapse
- Corporate Power
- Digby Neck Bilcon Quarry
- Ecological Sustainability
- Free trade agreements
- International Trade
- Mega trade agreements
- paradigms and paradigm shifts
- Risk blindness
- World Views and Systems Theory